Choose Life Mississippi
Tax Credits for Businesses
The Pregnancy Resource Act
The Pregnancy Resource Act recognizes the vital work of pregnancy centers and allows businesses to redirect their tax dollars to invest in the life-saving work of serving women who are in crisis situations. This groundbreaking law reserves $3.5 million in annual tax credits for eligible donations. Businesses receive the tax credit for their qualifying donations to pregnancy centers.
Act NOW to Claim Your Credit! There is a limited amount of tax credit money available each calendar year, so act quickly to take advantage of the credit.
- Download and submit the MSDOR application for tax allocation. 2022 Application for Allocation of Contributions Made by Businesses to PRCOs.pdf (ms.gov).
- Within 30 days of receipt, MSDOR will send notification of allocation.
- Businesses may receive a tax credit by giving to qualified Choose Life agencies. Click HERE for agencies that apply. Gift must be received within 60 days of receipt of MSDOR notification of allocation.
- Businesses or individuals can give a tax deductible gift to Choose Life Mississippi or to our Mississippi Pregnancy Centers.
- Send donation verification to the MSDOR (CPC receipt letter). Verification must be received within 60 days of receipt of notification of allocation.
The Mississippi Department of Revenue will allocate credits within a calendar year.
The Pregnancy Resource Act allows for allocations each calendar year beginning January 1, 2023 and ending December 31, 2023. This information is not intended to give tax advice. Please consult with your tax professional about your specific tax questions.
For more information, visit https://www.dor.ms.gov/business/eligible-charitable-organizations-childrens-promise-act